As both a pioneer and a global leader in aerospace and defense, Connecticut is home to “Aerospace Alley,” an industrial ecosystem of thousands of advanced manufacturing companies drawing from the fifth most productive workforce in America.
Based on the strength of our aerospace and shipbuilding industries, Connecticut is one of only a few states in the country to earn the Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP) designation. With this prestigious designation comes access to more than $1 billion in federal funds for manufacturing economic development.
Find out why more than 1,000 aerospace manufacturers and component firms make their home in Connecticut.
- An investment in advanced manufacturing. The $75 million Connecticut Manufacturing Innovation Fund encourages company/university R&D collaboration, finances workforce training and offers matching funds for federal grants.
- Highly skilled, productive workforce. Connecticut’s aerospace and defense worker productivity is nearly 20% higher than the national average.
- Reputation for innovation. Connecticut innovators hold 39% more patents than the national average.
- National leader in defense. Connecticut manufacturers bring in nearly $12 billion in defense contracts.
- Industry knowledge equals better support. We know this industry. So we can offer targeted support, from help finding the right site to expediting licenses and permits, connecting with public/private research partnerships, and identifying sources for financial and technical assistance.
Here are a few examples of the technical support and business-development services available for aerospace and defense companies. Click on any of the links below to learn more. Just be sure to also explore the rest of our site for the other programs available to all types of businesses.
- Compete for and win federal/state/local government contracts.
- Access technical solutions and workforce strategies.
- Find practical advice and business tools to expand in global markets.
- Apply for up to $50,000 for the purchase of equipment and expertise.
- Participate in annual Aerospace Alley Tradeshow.
- Accumulated Tax Credit Expansion Program
- Machinery and Equipment Tax Credit
- Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Tax Exemption
- Manufacturing Reinvestment Account (MRA) Program
- Research & Development Tax Credits
- Sales & Use Tax Exemption
CULTIVATE TALENT/FIND JOBS
- Connecticut State Technology Extension Program
- Institute of Technology and Business Development (ITBD)
- Aerospace Jobs in Connecticut
Just a few of our advanced manufacturers are highlighted below:
You can also hear from one of our sector leaders here.
Pegasus Manufacturing President Chris DiPentima on expanding in Middletown
For more information on the advantages of relocating or growing your Aerospace/Defense business here in Connecticut, please contact Carmen Molina-Rios at (860) 500-2314, or email Carmen.MolinaRios@ct.gov.