Since the 1700s, when Connecticut’s own Eli Whitney first patented the cotton gin, Connecticut has been a center for manufacturing innovation. More than two centuries later, Connecticut is still home to manufacturing pioneers — from multinational Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to leading suppliers of components, composites and related services of all types. Together, they make Connecticut one of the most established and dynamic manufacturing ecosystems in America today.
- AdvancingManufacturingCT.com Explore this comprehensive web portal, which links all the resources available to both job seekers and employers in the Advanced Manufacturing sector. Find support to accelerate growth, cultivate talent, investigate careers and facilitate innovation.
Here are just a few reasons so many manufacturers now make Connecticut their home.
- Diverse array of companies. Connecticut is home to 4,400+ manufacturers — from some of the world’s leaders in aerospace and shipbuilding to thousands of leading component manufacturers.
- Highly skilled, highly productive workforce. Connecticut ranks seventh in the U.S. for investment in its workforce development and fifth in the U.S. for productivity.
- A key focus of the state’s economic growth strategy. Advanced manufacturing now generates nearly 11% of Connecticut’s gross state product — and continues to be central to the state’s strategic growth plans.
- National leader in defense. Connecticut manufacturers bring in more than $14 billion in defense contracts.
- State leader in exports. Our manufacturers export $15 billion in goods each year, representing more than 92% of the state’s exports.
Connecticut offers an array of tax incentives, funding opportunities and technical resources designed specifically for advanced manufacturers. Click on any of the links below to learn more. Just be sure to also explore the rest of our site for the other programs available to all types of businesses.
- Manufacturing Innovation Fund loans/grants
- STEP grants to help increase your exports
- Exhibit space in the state’s booth at the International Air Shows
- Energy upgrade financing assistance
- Urban and Industrial Sites Reinvestment Tax Credit
- Enterprise Zones
- Opportunity Zones
- C-PACE Clean Energy Financing Programs
- Manufacturing/Biotechnology Sales/Use Tax Exemption
- Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Tax Exemption
- Incumbent Worker Training Program
- Pre-Apprenticeship Program
- Apprenticeship Program
- Young Manufacturers Academy Summer Programs
Just a few of our advanced manufacturers are highlighted below.
You can also hear from one of our sector leaders here.
Pegasus Manufacturing President Chris DiPentima on expanding in Middletown.
For more information on the advantages of relocating or growing your Advanced Manufacturing business here in Connecticut, please contact Barbara Fernandez at (860) 500-2325, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.