Want to ensure your pages with images added download quickly? Optimize them!
The steps below will show you how to reduce the file size of your images as much as possible without sacrificing quality.
- Open the image in your editing tool.
- Modify, scale the image till it’s to your desired size.
- Large image sizes are usually around 950 pixels.
- Do not go larger than 1200 pixels wide.
- Save the image with a resolution of 72 ppi, which is meant for the web.
- Anything larger than 72ppi would be meant for printing.
- Export it with one of the format types.
- JPEG: Common format used for photos with a lot of color gradients. Best quality for the smallest file size.
- GIF: Best used for simple images, illustrations, thumbnails w/few colors. Supports animation and background transparency.
- PNG: A non-compressed file for when you need smaller file sizes with no loss in quality. Usually produces a larger file size than JPEG, but supports background transparency.
- Import the optimized image file into Sitecore.