Add Alternate Text to the Image
To add an Alternate Text to the image, you will need to check out the image first.
- Navigate to the image you wish to edit and select it.
- Select the Lock and Edit link from the yellow message bar in the Content Area.
- Scroll down to the Image Section and locate the Alt field.
- Enter a description of the image.
The description of the image is read by screen readers and search engines to better understand and explain the image.
Keep the description simple and meaningful.
Select the Save Changes icon located at the top left of the screen.
Select the Edit icon to display drop down options and select Check In.
Publish the Media Library file for the change to take affect. (System Administrators ONLY)
- For Content Authors, if you added the uploaded image(s) to a page you are submitting for approval, they will publish along with the page once approved.