Creating a Blurb (External Link)
A Blurb (aka: external link) is a link that points to an external website (URL), outside of Sitecore. A blurb allows you to add a link to an external website to:
NOTE: Blurbs are for Full Migration Agencies Only.
How to Create a Blurb
- Log into Sitecore.
- Navigate to the folder you wish to insert a Blurb under, using the Navigation Bar.
- Select the Insert Page icon on the Ribbon from the Home tab.
- A dialogue box appears with various page options to select. Select the Blurb template.
- Enter the blurb title (this is the title of the link that appears on your website).
- Select OK to refresh the page.
NOTE: A blurb can be created from the Experience Editor, but must be completed from the Content Editor.
- Select the Blurb from the drop down in the folder you created it in and select the Edit button on the Navigation bar.
- The blurb will open above the page in the Content Editor view.
- Scroll to the Blurb section and select the Insert external link option.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Link Description - The title of the blurb (external link)
- URL - the external web address (URL)
- Target Window - New window (opens the link in a new window)
- Select OK.
- Save your changes.
- Select the Edit icon to display drop down options and select Check In.
- Select the Close icon to exit out of the Content Editor and go back to the Experience Editor.
- Submit the Blurb to be Published.