- Addressing the Needs of Dually Identified English Learners slides presentation
- Changing Demographics of Connecticut’s English Learners: Digging into the New Data Bulletin slides presentation
- Welcome Centers and Strategies for Supporting New English Learners slides presentation
- New: Pathways to Success for English Learners
- New: Regional Education Laboratory (REL) English Learner Resources
- Meeting the Challenge Online Learning modules
- Module 4: Connecticut Core Standards Mathematics Success for English Learners
- Module 5: Connecticut Core Standards English Language Arts and Literacy for English Learners
- Meeting the Challenge: CT Core Standards for Educators of English Learners and Students with Disabilities
- Meeting the Needs of All Students: A Webinar Series
- Visit the Connecticut Alliance of Regional Education Service Centers Web site for additional professional learning opportunities developed in partnership with the Connecticut State Department of Education
English Learner Tool Kit
The English Learner Tool Kit is designed to help states and schools in meeting their legal obligations to English Learners and in providing all English Learners with the support needed to attain English language proficiency while meeting college - and career readiness standards.
Newcomer Tool Kit
The Newcomer Tool Kit is designed to help schools support immigrants, refugees, and their families with a successful integration process. The tool kit provides information, resources and examples of effective practices that educators can use to support newcomers in schools and communities.