CT Veterans Wartime Service Medal


To receive the Connecticut Veterans Wartime Service Medal, the veteran must submit documentation (DD-214 or pre 1950 WG AGO Discharge certificate) of the following to the DVA:

  1. Qualifying military service:
    • 90 or more days of active federal wartime service, unless the war or operation lasted less than 90 days; or
    • Any member of any reserve component of the armed forces (including the National Guard) who served during a period of war and was honorably discharged from active duty or was honorably discharged from a reserve component and who was a resident of this state at the time he or she was serving in such reserve component during a period of war or is domiciled in this state on the date of such award.

  2. Characterization of Discharge:
    • Honorable discharge,
    • Discharge under honorable conditions, or
    • Discharge due to injuries received in the line of duty.

  3. Connecticut Residency:
    • Proof of current residency in Connecticut, or
    • Proof that veteran was a resident at the time of qualifying wartime service.