The Connecticut Medicaid Enterprise Technology System (CT METS) is a large-scale business process improvement and technology program to improve services and outcomes for residents served by Medicaid and other programs. CT METS, which is led by the Department of Social Services (DSS), is expected to replace existing systems with new, modular technologies and services to enable person-centered service delivery across DSS and other state agencies that administer Medicaid services.
The CT METS effort will insure adherence to Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) standards as required by federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements for enhanced funding support of Medicaid systems. The effort is expected to positively impact multiple stakeholders including Medicaid members, providers, and partners, as benefits accrue from streamlined operations, new self-service functions, and improved access to data.
- CMS approved funding for Phase 1 of the CT METS project on 7/24/2018.
CTMETS will be implemented in phases.
- Phase 1 – Foundational Work – July 2018 – June 2020
- Onboard project staffing (technical, business)
- Independent Verification and Validation
- Organizational Change Management
- System Integrator
Phase 2 – Implementation – July 2020 – September 2025
- Integration build out
- Acquisition/implementation of modular components and services
- Legacy Data Conversion
- Implementation by modules
The above is information is tentative and subject to change. Please check back on this page often, as information will be updated as it becomes available for release.