The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) is excited to announce the launch of a new, mobile-enabled (portal.ct.gov/drs) website. The new site is designed to better meet the needs of our taxpayers, preparers and business owners.
We Need Your Help! - The migration from the legacy DRS website to the new was on an accelerated schedule. Due to the size and scope of the former website, we are still in the process of updating content, fixing broken links, and tuning the navigation structure of the site. As this site is intended to serve you, the public, your input is valuable. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any suggestions on how we can improve the site to meet your needs, and any broken links or other issues you encounter. We look forward to connecting with you.
The website’s enhanced design and mobile flexibility is intended to further modernize our procedures and, most importantly, provide a more efficient and valuable resource for our many constituents. We are proud to note that our highly trafficked website attracts visitors seeking a wide variety of information and key services ranging from an interest in opening a new business to obtaining tax information. Whether you are visiting our site for the first time or you are a regular, our goal is to create a virtual entryway that is welcoming, easy to navigate and an optimal use of government services.
The new design simplifies drop-down menu options in a more streamlined and efficient manner. This mobile-enabled platform is more intuitive and allows users to easily navigate the site from their preferred device.
Constituents and visitors are invited to explore the new website and its enhanced features, which include:
- Most Popular- This first section provides quick access to our most critical services and most visited areas of interest. Here taxpayers can easily access our online Taxpayer Service Center (TSC) to file and pay electronically, paid prepares and facilitator access, pass-through entity tax access, our Research Library where you can obtain your latest reports and data and access to our Real Estate Conveyance information
- Left Navigation - This section provides access to our Featured items, Business, Individual and Practitioners sections, Refund Protection information area and Forms and Publications. This navigation stays on your webpage regardless of where you are on the site.
- Feature Boxes - In the middle section you will find three boxes which feature access to our Taxpayer Service Center (TSC), access to our Fraud prevention services and information and our CT Fresh start program.
- Information Section - This section offers quick access to the various visitors looking for Individual Income Tax Information or Businesses by Tax Types as well as our Latest News section which provides up-to-date information on what has been added to the website or new implementation.
- Agency Information - The final section at the bottom provides information on agency Commissioner, contact info and various programs offered at DRS. The new homepage will feature quick access to a complete and frequently updated archive of all gaming research reports available for review.
NEW eAlert service: DRS is moving to a simpler, more modern e-mail alert service that will help us better serve you.
You must opt in to this new service. To do so subscribe to the e-Alert option(s) of interest as listed below by following the link(s).
We hope you don’t unsubscribe but if you need to do so with a push of a button you can do so. No more complicated online forms.
DRS e-Alert options (follow the links to sign up):
- Filing Reminders – receive monthly tax filing due date reminders.
- Latest News – receive latest website updates including tax and legislative changes, press releases, and new forms and publications.
- Software Developers – this alert is only for software developers who are registered with DRS to test Forms, Instructions and Specifications posted and available for development.