COVID-19 Community Levels Map Update, August 12, 2022: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has listed New Haven, Fairfield, Litchfield, New London and Middlesex Counties in the Medium/Yellow category as part of its COVID-19 Community Levels Map. Hartford, Tolland, and Windham Counties are listed in the Low/Green category. Visit the CDC COVID-19 Community Levels Map for updates.

Monkeypox: Please visit our monkeypox webpage for the latest updates.


Hartford – The Department of Public Health (DPH) today announced a new lead safe work ractices video intended for do-it-yourselfers and homeowners who perform small renovation projects in the home.

The video – Don’t Spread Lead: A Do-It-Yourselfer’s Guide to Preventing Lead Poisoning by Working Lead-Safe – contains valuable information on keeping children and adults from being lead poisoned due to home renovations. The purpose of this video is to provide homeowners with simple step-by-step instructions in proper lead-safe work practices that are necessary when they renovate or remodel an older home. Lead-safe work practices have been shown to be effective in reducing lead exposure for workers and residents, and in reducing lead dust contamination levels in homes after work has been completed.

The video was produced by DPH in association with the University of Connecticut. Funding for the production was provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The video was filmed in Connecticut and contains an introduction and closing by Norm Abram (PBS’s This Old House and Old Yankee Workshop). The video is currently available in CD format and contains both English and Spanish versions on one CD. It will be available in DVD format in the future. For a free copy, contact Ana Chambers at the Department of Public Health Lead Poisoning Prevention & Control Program – 860-509-7277 or

The Connecticut Department of Public Health is the state’s leader in public health policy and advocacy with a mission to protect and promote the health and safety of the people of our state. To contact the department, please visit its website at or call (860) 509-7270.