All About CT WiZ
As of September 17, 2018, the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) Immunization Program replaced the Connecticut Immunization Registry and Tracking System (CIRTS), the Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS) and AFIX with one new system called "CT WiZ".
General Questions on CT WiZ
What is CT WiZ?
Who can access CT WiZ?
How do I request a user name and password to CT WiZ?
Where can I get help with CT WiZ?
What are the CT WiZ reporting requirements, regulations and mandates?
What is CT WiZ?
CT WiZ is the statewide Immunization Information System (IIS) designed to meet national standard requirements for effective tracking and administration of immunizations in a public health setting. It is a web-based database that maintains complete, accurate, and secure immunization records for all Connecticut children. All personal information including immunization status and dates of immunization of individuals shall be confidential as required by Connecticut law.
CT WiZ meets the IIS National Standards with the following features!
- Order your vaccines, report doses administered and track your inventory all in one system.
- Enables bi-directional (query and response) electronic data exchange with your electronic health record system (EHR).
- Assess your coverage rates with Immunization Coverage Rate Reports.
- Up to date programming, called the “Recommender”, which forecasts vaccinations that are invalid, due and overdue to help avoid under and over-vaccinations.
In addition, CT WiZ offers the same functionality as CIRTS.
- Reminder/Recall Reports
- Easily view and print official immunization certificates for schools, childcare, camps and even college.
- Electronically query your patients' previous immunization records and consolidate them into one record.
For additional information, you can review the May 10, 2018 recorded webinar on the CT AAP website at http://ct-aap.org/2018
- Clinic staff
- School Nurse
In order to receive a user name and password for CT WiZ, your clinic must be enrolled in the Connecticut Vaccine Program. Click here for information on how to enroll your clinic.
Once your clinic is enrolled, click here to request a user account. You will be redirected to the User Registration webpage in CT WiZ to complete and submit a request form electronically.
School Nurses, please click here to request a user account.
The Connecticut DPH staff will review and approve or deny your access.
- If your account is approved, you will receive two emails: the first one with your username and the second email with your temporary password. You will be required to change your temporary password and set up your password questions.
- If your account is denied, you will receive an email notifying you that access was denied and another email notifying you with the reason.
For training materials, click here to access CT WiZ Training.
If you are having technical issues with the system, click here to access our CT WiZ Technical Support.
Find the reporting requirements, regulations and mandates at State of CT Regulations regarding CT WiZ.
For additional help on this topic, submit a helpdesk ticket.