Healthy Choices for Women and Children is designed to address the multiple health and social needs of pregnant and postpartum women (and their families), who use or are at risk of using substances; and reside in the City of Waterbury.
- The program includes a comprehensive team approach and home visiting to provide linkage to needed services and supports to this population of women and children.
- Participants receive a comprehensive assessment of their health and health care related needs.
- Advocacy, referral and care management are provided to assure that clients access the needed services.
- Children are assessed for their developmental abilities and education on parenting is provided.
- Clients voluntarily participate in the program until the child reaches three years of age.
- There are no fees for the services provided.
- Information is confidential.
- Tell you how alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes harm you and your baby.
- Put you in touch with helpful agencies for social services, health care and substance abuse treatment.
- Listen to your questions about how your baby grows.
- Help arrange transportation to health care and treatment.
- Assist in helping you meet your goals.
- Provide information about parenting.
- Provide counseling in English and Spanish.
- Help you adjust to being a parent.
- Support you during your pregnancy and after delivery.
Requests for services can be made by telephone or by visiting the Healthy Choices office at:
Waterbury Health Department
1 Jefferson Square, Suite 21
Waterbury, CT 06706