- Asbestos Abatement Activity Fees
- Fees must be submitted with asbestos abatement notification and proposed alternative work practices.
- A fee shall also be assessed for each reinspection concerning an asbestos abatement activity determined to be in non-compliance with asbestos regulation.
- Asbestos Abatement Notification Form (Excel Spreadsheet) This form must be completed and submitted to the Department of Public Health (DPH) for asbestos abatement involving more than ten (10) linear feet or more than twenty-five (25) square feet of asbestos-containing material.
Asbestos Abatement Notification Instructions
Asbestos Abatement Notification Form
- Demolition Notification Form This form must be completed when a facility is being demolished and the facility either contains no known asbestos-containing material or if the facility contains no more than ten (10) linear feet or no more than twenty-five (25) square feet of asbestos-containing material. This form does not need to be submitted to DPH provided that the agency previously received an asbestos abatement notification form for the facility in which "Demolition" was indicated in Box 9. (Note: All asbestos abatement involving more than three (3) linear feet or more than three (3) square feet of asbestos-containing material must be performed by a licensed asbestos contractor.)
- Asbestos Abatement Notification Instructions
- Alternative Work Practice Form (Updated 12/17/18) This form must be completed and submitted by a licensed Project Designer in order for the alternative work practice to be reviewed by DPH. A check in the amount of $200, made payable to, "Treasurer, State of Connecticut" is required for review of the application.
All asbestos abatement contractors, asbestos consultants, asbestos abatement workers and site supervisors must be licensed by the CT DPH.
For licensing requirements and applications go to: www.ct.gov/dph/ehlicenses