Connecticut Department of Correction
Part-Time Chaplain (Native American)
Hours split between Enfield Correctional Institution, Carl Robinson Correctional Institution and Willard-Cybulski Correctional Institution, all located in Enfield, CT.
1st Shift, Monday-Friday, 17.5 hours per week
*Must conduct al least two worship services per week if required to meet the needs of the inmate population.
||Chaplain: $29.47 per hour|
||March 23, 2015|
||Knowledge of pastoral ministry and ability to perform requirements of formal religious services; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills. |
- Graduation from an accredited three (3) year post graduate theological seminary or the equivalent of a Master of Divinity degree;
- One (1) year pastoral experience or equivalent experience within a recognized religious denomination.
- Completion of formal religious training recognized by a denomination which included completion of an undergraduate four (4) year degree or its equivalent may be substituted for the General Experience;
- Completion of all formal religious training required by a recognized religious denomination necessary to perform the pastoral role may be substituted for the Master's level training.
- Incumbents in this class must have been ordained or commissioned by a religious body and received ecclesiastical endorsement by an acceptable recognized denominational authority for this position. Ecclesiastical endorsement by the same endorsing authority must be ongoing and uninterrupted as a condition of employment.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
- Candidates may be subject to transfer as necessary to meet agency needs as per union contract.
- Candidates may be required to work Saturdays or Sundays to meet the needs of the inmate population.
- The filling of this position will be in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. State employees should be aware that your performance appraisals, attendance records and discipline records will be reviewed to ensure that you meet DOC Administrative Directive 2.3.
Qualified candidates who meet the above requirements need to submit:
- Cover letter,
- Application for Employment (Form CT-HR-12) which is available at http://www.das.state.ct.us/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12_Application.pdf
- State of Connecticut Addendum-Criminal Conviction (Form CT-HR-13) which is available at http://das.ct.gov/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12A-Addendum.pdf
- Last two (2) Performance Evaluations or two (2) letters of professional references from current and/or previous supervisors.
Applications must be received by the closing date above. Incomplete or late application packages will not be considered.
Debbie Sass, Human Resources Associate
Department of Correction
24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
|Note for Applicants:
||The filling of this position will be in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, promotion and merit employment rules. State employees should be aware that your performance appraisals, attendance records and discipline records will be reviewed to ensure that you meet DOC Administrative Directive 2.3.|
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer