DMV Time-Saving Tip
for Titles


Replacing Your Title (with a current or past lien)

If you need to get a copy of your title and you had (or have) a lien on the vehicle, you will need to obtain a letter from the lienholder to present to DMV. This applies for any vehicle with a model year less than 10 years old.