New online services are now available: driver’s license/non-driver ID renewals, duplicate driver’s license/non-driver ID, and driving history requests. Return to our homepage.

Suspension For Unresolved Ticket

Issued Outside Connecticut


If a ticket is issued by another state and you fail to answer by the due date, miss a court date, or miss any other court imposed deadline, a suspension may be applicable.
A notice of suspension will be mailed to the address of record indicating the date your driving privilege will be suspended. The notice will include the state where the ticket was issued, the citation number, and the court telephone number.

You must contact the out-of-state court to resolve the ticket and obtain a court receipt, or other document issued by the court that indicates you have responded to the ticket. All court fees and fines must be paid directly to the court involved.

You must submit a copy of all applicable court documentation to DMV. You may scan and email a copy to or you may send a copy by mail to:
State of Connecticut
Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver Services Division
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161-1013

If the answer date reflected on your court receipt is prior to the suspension date, the suspension will be rescinded.

If the answer date reflected on your court receipt is on or after the suspension date, you must pay a $175.00 restoration fee.

You may pay the $175.00 online or submit a $175.00 check or money order payable to "DMV" by mail with the copy of your court receipt.

Please clearly print your name, date of birth, and current mailing address on all documents. Normal processing time is 10 business days from the date the Driver Services Division receives your correspondence. After you have been reinstated, a restoration notice will be mailed to you.

Please note: You are not permitted to drive a motor vehicle until your driving privilege is restored and you have a valid driver license, or learner permit in your possession.
Helpful Links