BEFORE MAKING YOUR ONLINE TRANSACTION
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is needed to access the online renewal system. Your PIN will be listed in your renewal notice.
- The following businesses are able to renew a license online:
- Licensed Dealers – New, Used, Marine
- Licensed Repairers – General or Limited
- Licensed Recyclers
2) Payment Options
- You must use a debit or credit card. Discover, MasterCard or Visa accepted.
- Please be ready to provide the following information during the online renewal process:
- Business license number
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) – located on renewal notice
- Valid driver’s license number of business principal
- Credit/debit card information
- Once you have completed the online renewal process, please remember to print your renewed license, plate list and receipt to keep on file.
- You have up to 45 days after the license expiration date to renew online.
- This online system is for license renewals only. Any information changes to a license must be done through the DMV’s Business Licensing Unit.
- Please contact DMV’s Business Licensing Unit at (860) 263-5056.