For Immediate Release
September 29, 2020
CT DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES AMENDS DEADLINE EXTENSIONS
Deadline Extensions Will Apply to Several DMV-Related Items
WETHERSFIELD, CT – The Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles, with the approval from Governor Ned Lamont, is extending deadlines for expiring credentials. The change impacts credentials that expired between March 10, 2020 thru November 30, 2020.
Late fees will be waived for qualifying credentials.
Deadlines have been extended for the following DMV transactions:
- All Licenses, Permits and Identification Cards, including Commercial Driver’s Licenses
- Motor Vehicle and Boat Registrations
- Emissions Testing and Retesting
- Permanent Disability Placard
|CREDENTIAL EXPIRATION DATES:||VALID UNTIL:|
|From March 10 through May 31, 2020||November 30, 2020|
|From June 1 through November 30, 2020||December 31, 2020|
For questions, updates or information about recent extensions or other previously issued credential extensions:
- Visit www.ct.gov/dmv
- Call 860-263-5700 (within the Hartford area) or 1-800-842-8222 (outside the Hartford area)
The extensions are intended to help safeguard the general public against the spread of coronavirus/COVID-19 and to maintain social distance within offices. For up-to-date guidance on COVID-19 please visit ct.gov/coronavirus.