For Immediate Release
June 23, 2020
CT DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES PARTIALLY REOPENS
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Select DMV Locations Will Reopen on June 23, 2020
WETHERSFIELD, CT – The Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles will reopen select offices on June 23, 2020. Services will be offered by appointment only. Details are below:
Road Tests (Non-CDL)
- Road testing will resume June 23, 2020. Approximately 1,000 road tests have been rescheduled through June 30th.
- Customers are being called by DMV staff to schedule previously cancelled appointments.
Services Offered by Appointment at the DMV
- Appointments are now available for new licenses and IDs, license and ID renewals, out of state license and registration transfers, and CDL upgrades.
- Locations for Learner’s Permit Knowledge Tests: Wethersfield, Cheshire, Willimantic, Old Saybrook, Norwalk, and Danbury.
- Registration Services (new registrations) will begin on June 30, 2020 at these locations: Wethersfield, Willimantic, and Danbury
- Appointments can be made by visiting: https://portal.ct.gov/dmv/
- Link located within the “yellow alert box” to the appointment page.
|LOCATION||NEW LICENSE||LICENSE RENEWAL||NEW ID||
OUT OF STATE TRANSFER -
LICENSE AND REGISTRATION
|Norwich (Registration backlog processing location)|
Services Offered Online
- Registration renewal, registration and license status, registration cancellation, emissions test late fees, etc.
- Online Services: https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Online-Services/Online-Services-Old
- Forms can be accessed online: https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Online-Forms/Online-Forms/All-DMV-Forms
- Drop-boxes for Registration Services are located in the following offices: Danbury, Norwich, and Old Saybrook. Customers are encouraged to visit the DMV’s website to verify availability, as times and locations may change. The average turnaround time is four-weeks. (More info: https://portal.ct.gov/DMV-reg-drop-off)
Services Offered by Appointment at Partner Locations
- AAA and Nutmeg/DMV Express: Driver license/ID card renewals; duplicate driver’s license/ID card; or name change name on license or ID card.
What Customers Can Expect
- Customers will receive an appointment confirmation via email.
- Reminders will be sent via email.
- Appointment cancellations must be done by email.
- Customers are encouraged to check their email prior to visiting the DMV.
Safety Protocols for Customers Visiting the DMV
- Each visitor will be required to answer a screening questionnaire and to submit to a non-touch temperature scan by a healthcare professional. Visitors with a temperature of 100 degrees or more will be denied access to the building.
- All visitors are required to bring and wear a mask.
- Entrance allowed for the customer only. Exceptions made to accommodate people with disabilities or minors.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all locations
- Plexiglass will separate staff from customers to abide by social distancing
- There are designated exits and entrances at all locations
- All surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant following each appointment
Expiration dates have been extended for various credentials with expiration dates between March 10, 2020 and July 31, 2020. Visit https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Offices/Offices/Make-an-Appointment for details.