Renewing a Motorcycle Learner's Permit
If your motorcycle permit has expired, the permit can be renewed once, for an additional 60 days, during the same calendar year in which it was issued. This service is provided by appointment only at a DMV office.
To renew the permit:
- Make an appointment at a DMV office. Make an appointment here.
- Bring your current motorcycle permit and drivers license.
- Pay a required fee of $16.
If the permit was issued in the previous calendar year, you will be required to:
- Complete another Application for a Non-Commercial Drivers License (form R-229)
- Pay the testing fee of $40 and pass the eye examination and motorcycle knowledge test.