Know Before You Go
DMV Made Easier for You
Our mission is to give you the right information to make your next experience with us as smooth as possible. See the links the below to help with your next DMV experience.
- Can I make an appointment for a DMV service?
- Can I avoid visiting a DMV office?
- What documents do I need before I visit?
Can I make an appointment for a DMV service?
DMV now operates by appointment only.
In addition, DMV's license partners also operate by appointment only for license/ID card renewals and duplicates:
Can I avoid visiting a DMV office?
DMV offers over 20 online services, several over-the-phone options and non-DMV license partner offices for renewals and duplicates. Select the link below to see if you can avoid a trip to a DMV office.
- By Phone
- DMV Express License Partner Offices (Renewals, Duplicates, Name Changes only)
What documents do I need before I visit?
Due to laws and regulations, required documents for DMV services can sometimes be complicated. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible.
Check out the list of common services below and find out in detail what you need:
- Vehicle Registration – Cars, SUVs and Pickup Trucks | Commercial Vehicles | Trailers | Motorcycles | Boats
- Driver’s License – First-Time Applicants | Renew | Lost and Replace
- Non-Driver ID Card – First-Time Applicants | Renew | Lost and Replace
- Lost DMV Documents - Get a replacement
- Disabled Parking Placards - Find out details here