Online Motor Vehicle Dealers
Withdrawals are a special online process for vehicles that have been registered online and delivery has not been taken.
(VOID WINDOW HAS EXPIRED AND VEHICLE HAS NOT LEFT LOT) WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PROCESSING.
1. The registration record will be processed.
2. IF A CT TITLE HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED:
If the CT title has already been released, the dealer will need to retrieve the title and return it to DMV, with lien release if applicable, along with a completed withdrawal/void form via email, within 48 hours. The dealer will have to get a duplicate title/MCO once the withdrawal/void has been completed, and then process the registration for the correct vehicle online. Under no circumstance is the dealer to process another registration for the customer, until the withdrawal/void process is complete.
3. Contact the customer contact center and put a request in for withdrawal. BE SURE TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTACT EMAIL. (860) 263-5708
4. *Please allow 5-7 days for processing. Incorrect or incomplete information can delay this process and may require completion of a new H-71 Withdrawal/Void form*
5. A Statement of Withdrawal/Void for a Connecticut Motor Vehicle Title (form H-71) will be emailed to you.
6. Complete the H-71 form according to the email instructions that will be provided to you.
7. Please indicate if the transaction was a TRANSFER or NEW registration. Supply the plate number of the void/withdrawal. Indicate which vendor you currently process with on the online system. If this is a vendor ‘void failed error’, submit your email from your vendor with your case number.
8. Please scan all documents (FRONT and BACK of ownership document) or submit them in the return email, with the H-71 form.
9. If the work was submitted, please provide a FED EX /UPS PRE PAID slip for DMV to return original documents back to the dealer, once the void/withdrawal has been processed. (If the work has already been sent to DMV, the DMV examiner will ‘flag’ the transaction to be withdrawn/voided. Once the work is located, the withdrawal/void can be processed and the original documents returned to the dealer-(this can delay the process)
10. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL THE VEHICLE BE RE-REGISTERED/ NOR CORRECTED FOR THE CUSTOMER WHILE THE WITHDRAWAL/VOID IS PENDING.
11. WHEN THE DEALER RECEIVES ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS BACK FROM THE DMV (if applicable) the dealer is to process the correct registration, in the online system, within 48 hours.
12. ANY FEES PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.