DMV is open by appointment only. Return to our homepage to schedule an appointment or to view online services.

Facial coverings must be worn during all road skills tests and are highly recommended to be worn when entering a DMV office.

Obtaining a Marine Trailer Dealer Registration
Please follow the steps below to obtain a Marine Trailer Dealer Registration. 
All of your forms must reflect your proper business name.
  • Applicants must submit a completed business license personnel list. (DMV Form K-26)
  • If the business has a trade name, you must submit a Trade Name Certificate from the town clerk's office.
  • If the business is a corporation or limited liability corporation (LLC), you must submit a Certificate of Existence form from the Secretary of the State's office.
  • Corporations and LLCs must complete an Agent for Service form (DMV Form K-198). 
  • Applicants must submit a clear photocopy of all owners' drivers' licenses. 
  • Applicants must submit a clear photocopy of a Connecticut Sales Tax Permit from the state Department of Revenue Services.
  • Applicants must submit a Marine Trailer Dealer License (DMV Form K-164). 
  • There is a $105 fee per plate (2 years).   
  • Include a valid e-mail address.