Obtaining Wrecker Plates
Note: Wrecker inspections must be performed by the DMV's Commercial Vehicle Safety Division (860-263-5446) prior to the issuance of wrecker plates.
After the wrecker has passed the inspection, you will need to bring the following documents to any Hub Office or Limited Service Office:
- Completed Application for Registration and Title (form H-13B). Download the form, fill out online, and print to bring with you.
- Proof of ownership (title or certificate of origin)
- A Bill of Sale or invoice
- Passed wrecker inspection report (form R-294)
- A copy of the dealer/repairer license
- A completed copy of the storage rate Form K-89 which must be filed with the Dealers & Repairers Unit
- A two-year registration fee is $125 plus additional fees for taxes and title.