Administrative Reviews for
Motor Carriers Applying for State Contracts
Any commercial motor vehicle, as defined in section 14-1, or any vehicle defined in section 14-163c(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes will be the subject of an Administrative Review conducted by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles, Administrative Review Unit upon bid submission.
1. Carriers must provide the following to the Administrative Review Unit:
- Insurance agent’s name, email address and contact phone number;
- Provide proof their company is currently enrolled in a drug and alcohol testing program, if applicable;
Insurance agent’s information and the drug and alcohol contract must be emailed to email@example.com and Iliana.N.Rodriguez@ct.gov or faxed to them at (860) 263-5533.
2. Carriers must make sure their DOT Number has been updated within the past 2 years.
If the DOT Number has not been updated they must go to: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/updating-your-registration
3. Carriers must make sure there are no outstanding property tax owed to a municipality or money owed to the State of Connecticut.
4. Carriers must be registered with the Secretary of State, if applicable.
The Administrative Review is limited to primary contractors only. It is the responsibility of the primary contractor to ensure all of its agents and subcontractors are compliant with state and federal laws. This responsibility extends to driver qualifications as well as vehicle safety.
Determining Factors for Eligibility
- A carrier will be determined Ineligible if they do not have adequate liability insurance for the type of services being provided to the state.
- A carrier will be determined Ineligible if they are under a Federal Out of Service Order with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- A carrier will be determined Ineligible if they fail to comply with Items 1, 2, 3 or 4 above.