Vehicle and Boat Registration Drop-Off Service
(Credit Card or Check payment only)
Customers can drop off registration paperwork at DMV offices in Enfield, Old Saybrook and Waterbury. Customers can leave an envelope filled with their required documents in drop-off box within the office entrance.
Customers can pay by:
- CHECK - Please date, make payable to "DMV" and sign. You will receive a receipt with the cost of the transaction with your registration.
- CREDIT CARD - We will call you. Make sure phone number listed is correct number. (Visa, Discover, Mastercard and Amex are acceptable.)
Available ONLY at the following DMV offices:
*Drop boxes available from 7:45 am to 12 pm, and 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., on:
What to include in your envelope:
- Completed vehicle registration application signed by all listed owners (Form H-13B). Download here. (Trucks and Trailers SECTION 8 must be completed.)
- Completed drop off form. Individual customer form. Licensed dealership form. *Include best contact number for efficient service.
- Original certificate of title
- Bill of sale
- Copy of your driver’s license or ID (for each person listed on registration)
- Copy of insurance card (Make sure it is valid and name must match registration.)
- Proof of emissions test (if vehicle has title from outside CT). Find a testing station here.
- IF TRANSFERRING PLATES, attach copy of current registration.
- IF MINOR DOING A REGISTRATION, include completed PARENTAL CONSENT FORM (Form 2-D). Download here.
***Boats – Additional Requirements
If registering a boat, see additional requirements:
DMV Time-Saving Tip for New Registration - Proof of Ownership
If a title is required, be sure it has been properly signed over in the name of the person registering the vehicle. This is usually on the back of the certificate of title.