In the Area
Other Nearby State Recreation Areas Include:
Pachaug State Forest
- Activities: Multi-use trails, Boating, Fishing
- Services: Picnic Tables, Pit Toilet
- Location: in southern Plainfield and Sterling and most readily accessed from the south eastern end of the trail
Quinebaug Lake State Park Scenic Reserve
- Activities: Boating, Fishing
- Services: Car-top Boat Ramp
- Location, Killingly: From the junction of Route 6 and Route 12, proceed south on Route 12 for 1.1 miles and turn left on Shepard Hill Road. Following the boat-launch signs take an immediate left and the first right (in 0.2 mile) to the lake.
Old Furnace/Ross Pond State Park
- Activities: Boating, Fishing, Hiking, Hunting
- Services: Gravel Parking, outhouse
- Location, Killingly: From exit 91 on Route 395, take Route 6 east and an immediate right on South Frontage Road. Follow 0.4 mile and turn right on Ross Road (follow the boat ramp signs). Follow 0.4 mile and turn right on the unmarked road; follow 0.6 mile to the ramp.