Firearms Hunting Online PrerequisitesThe following must be completed and submitted PRIOR to registering for a Modified Firearms Hunting Field Day (checklist). Please note: You will be disenrolled from the course if the following prerequisites are not submitted prior to registration.
- Complete the Online NRA Hunter Education Course (free of charge) or HunterEdCourse.com training ($19.99 fee). Once completed, please submit your certificate to DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include student’s first and last name and conservation ID number in the subject line; those that do not will not be accepted.
- View the Connecticut Modified Firearms Hunting Certification Track: Hunting Laws and Ethics Presentation (also available below).
- View the Treestand Safety Training Video.
- Review the Control and Actions of Hunters (500’ Rule) AND complete online exam.
- Upon completion and submission of all prerequisites, register for a Modified Firearms Hunting Field Day with your Conservation ID at the Connecticut Hunter Education Registration System.
What to bring to your Modified Firearms Hunting Field Day:
- Mask (must completely cover both nose and face)
- Hand sanitizer
- Pen or pencil
- Mobile device with data (if you intend on taking the exam electronically)
- Eye and hearing protection
- Chair (folding, sports or camping) for use when taking test.
Content last updated January 2021.