Connecticut is at the forefront of revolution in technology innovation, rapidly attracting companies and jobs in tech for the financial services, healthcare and digital media industries, among others. Today, research partnerships with top universities and private companies, coupled with vigorous state support, enables Connecticut to offer powerful resources for innovators in emerging technologies in energy and bioscience, as well as manufacturing technologies for the aerospace and defense industries.
Tap Into Business Expertise
Here are just a few of the benefits of working in technology innovation in Connecticut.
- Support from the start. There are currently accelerator and incubators located throughout the state designed specifically to support the growth of technology companies.
- Tech talent pipeline. Hartford has been ranked among the fastest-growing markets in the U.S. for tech talent, and the number and diversity of skilled technology workers in Connecticut continues to grow.
- Access to capital. Connecticut’s financial services industry supports a network of angel investment and financing for technology startups.
Well connected. Connecticut is rated #1 in the country for broadband connectivity.
Connecticut offers a wide range of technical support and business-development services for technology innovators.
- Get advice on energy solutions, STEM education, career development, and export and cyber compliance.
- Find support for business formation and expansion, including support for licensing and permitting.
- Access engineering and technical support for small and mid-sized manufacturing firms.
- Tap into market intelligence, practical advice and business tools to help U.S. companies expand in global markets.
- Locate tech-focused business incubators and co-working spaces in Connecticut.
- Connect with college and university technology and manufacturing resources around Connecticut.
- Connecticut Innovations
- Connecticut Bioscience Innovation Fund (CBIF)
- Pre-Seed Financing for Bioscience
- Connecticut Green Bank
- C-PACE (Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy)
- Connecticut Manufacturing Innovation Fund
- Minority Business Funding
- Angel Tax Credit
- Enterprise Zones
- Bioscience Enterprise Zones
- Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Tax Exemption
- Find technical training, skill development, industrial modernization, marketing, financial and networking opportunities.
- Post or view technology jobs in Connecticut.
A few of Connecticut’s technology firms and organizations are highlighted below.
For more information on the advantages of relocating or growing your Technology Innovation business here in Connecticut, please contact Barbara Fernandez at (860) 500-2325, or email Barbara.Fernandez@ct.gov.