Fuel cells from Connecticut-powered technologies have been present on NASA’s Apollo and space shuttle missions since the 1960s. Today, the state is home to one the largest fuel cell power projects in North America, as well as one of the global centers for green energy innovation — named a “Top 3 State” for fuel cell development by the U.S. Department of Energy.
Ranked third in the nation in total fuel cell patents, Connecticut offers clean energy manufacturers access to a wide range of technical support and business development services.
- The first “Green Bank” in the United States. Offers incentives and low-cost financing to encourage support for renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Powerful public/private partnerships. Our Comprehensive Energy Strategy is already mobilizing public policy makers and private investors to work together to enhance the sustainability of clean energy initiatives.
- Decades of leadership. Connecticut is a world leader in hydrogen fuel cell technology and research. Fuel Cell in Bridgeport has a 14.9 megawatt capacity and powers thousands of homes and businesses.
- Highly skilled talent pool. Connecticut has the eighth-highest concentration of science and engineering doctorates in the nation.
- Unmatched experience in the industry. There are at least 600 fuel cell and hydrogen supply chain companies based in Connecticut, generating over $211 million in gross state product.
The State of Connecticut offers extensive support for green energy manufacturers of all types and sizes.
- Connecticut Green Bank
- C-PACE (Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy)
- Accumulated Tax Credit Expansion Program
- Machinery and Equipment Tax Credit
- Municipal Tax Abatements
- Research & Development Tax Credits
- Urban and Industrial Site Reinvestment Tax Credit
CULTIVATE TALENT/FIND JOBS
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology Inc.
- Institute of Technology and Business Development (ITBD)
Just a few of our key green energy and technology leaders highlighted below:
For more information on the advantages of relocating or growing your Green Energy business here in Connecticut, please contact Aaron Knight at (860) 500-2359, or email Aaron.Knight@ct.gov.