Connecticut is the headquarters for some of the world’s largest money management firms, ranking #2 in the U.S. for assets under management. In fact, after New York and London, Greenwich, Connecticut, is considered one of the world’s top hedge fund hubs. Nearly 110,000 people in Connecticut are employed in the financial services/insurance sectors, for a global who’s who of financial leaders.
Find out why more than 7,000 insurance and financial services companies call Connecticut home.
- Experience and expertise. Finance and insurance are two industries Connecticut does particularly well, so the state is able to offer specialized support for businesses that start or move here.
- Committed to businesses large and small. Connecticut may be home to dozens of established financial and insurance firms, but we also extend funding opportunities and incentives to small and start-up businesses as well.
- A prime talent pipeline. Connecticut universities and colleges offer specialized degrees in finance, along with courses in investing and the fundamentals of management, producing more well-rounded recruits.
- Stimulating state economy. The state understands that employment in the financial services/insurance sector also stimulates growth in legal, accounting and technology services. In fact, for every new job in the insurance industry, 2.32 jobs are added to the overall Connecticut economy.
Connecticut offers a wide range of technical support and business development services for manufacturers.
- Search loan and grant programs for small businesses through DECD.
- Access state, federal, and local funding and technical assistance for minority-owned businesses.
Tap into an initiative of 32 companies working to encourage business attraction and retention, workforce recruitment and education, and public awareness of the industry’s critical economic importance.
- Get technical assistance and access to capital through revolving loans, incentive-driven loans and matching grants.
- Find resources to stimulate high-tech growth in Connecticut.
- View loans and technical assistance for small businesses, and grants to community organizations for economic development projects.
- Access financial expertise and practical guidance for small business entrepreneurs in Connecticut.
- Increase capacity, gain efficiency and get better results in your business.
- Accumulated Tax Credit Expansion Program
- Corporate Business Tax Credit
- Sales & Use Tax Exemption
- Insurance Reinvestment Fund
- Human Capital Tax Credit
CULTIVATE TALENT/FIND JOBS
- Participate in the upcoming Get Hired career fair, the largest of its kind in the state.
- Build skills at Actuarial Boot Camp.
Just a few of our key financial services companies are highlighted below:
You can also hear from a few of our sector leaders here.
Webster Bank Chairman and CEO Jim Smith on maintaining their global headquarters in Waterbury.
The Navigators Group CEO Stan Galanski on relocating their headquarters from New York to Stamford.
For more information on the advantages of relocating or growing your Financial Services business here in Connecticut, please contact Tricia Paesani at Tricia.Paesani@ct.gov .