ARCHIVED - From the Archives
Safety Awareness Campaign Highlights
Health and Safety Screening
- The department has begun a review of all health and safety screens and individual plans for all individuals who have a safety risk including, eating, positioning, ambulation, pica, aggressive, assaultive or self-injurious behavior.
- Teams will verify that any precautions are still relevant to meet the individual's needs.
- Teams will verify that each support staff has been reminded of safety precautions in place.
- All DMR Case Managers will be responsible to check the accuracy of agency database related to health and safety risk elements.
- The Commissioner will convene a Safety Summit with providers, Council members, staff, labor unions, OPA, family members and consumers in July.
- Safety related training will be reviewed and revised if necessary.
MAKE SAFETY A PRIORITY