(1) Each residence shall comply with Sec. 20-14h to 20-14j, inclusive, CGS and the regulations promulgated thereunder pertaining to the administration of medication.
(2) Each licensee shall have a policy regarding:
(A)individual consent for medical treatment;
(B)individual consent for administration of medication;
(C)administration of medication for individuals who can self- administer;
(D)individual consent of disposal of medication no longer in use; and
(E)ongoing individual health care and injuries.
(3) The licensee shall provide nursing services in accordance with individual needs which may include:
(A)coordination, assessment, monitoring and provision of medical services; and
(B)planning and implementation of training for direct contact personnel.
(4) The licensee shall assure medical examinations as indicated by the individual's physician with:
(A)additional testing or follow-up as determined by the physician; and
(B)signed and dated documentation of medical treatment through physician's orders, progress notes or other medical reports, in order to assure the provision of necessary health care.
The licensee shall assure dental examinations as indicated by the individual's dentist in order to assure the provision of necessary oral health care with:
(1) additional follow-up or testing as needed; and
(2) signed and dated documentation of dental services by the licensed dentist or dental hygienist through dentist's orders, progress notes or other reports.
(1) The licensee shall have a policy in place to ensure adequate nutrition and hydration for all individuals.
(2) For individuals on special diets, the administrator shall ensure physician's ordered diets are carried out with consultation from an appropriate professional.
(Effective October 1, 1992)