Visiting a Provider
- You may or may not have made the decision to transition your loved one into the community. Either way, you have decided that you would like to see what service options are available from DDS providers.
- Your Case Managers will help you through this part of the process. They will guide you on the types of services that are available, where they are located and who provides them. It will be up to you to decide which programs you would like to visit.
- Once you have narrowed down your choices, your DDS Team will help you visit the various sites.
- When you visit a provider, it is possible you will feel overwhelmed and later realize you wanted to ask more questions. In addition, once you visit several different providers, you might start confusing the sites and the providers.
- We have developed a list a questions that we think will be helpful when you visit a provider. We suggest that as you are going through this process, you take notes on each provider and the people you meet along the way.
* Please use the Provider Worksheet in the back of this guide.