Psychology Department Mission Statement and Description of Functioning
- DDS psychologists come from varied professional backgrounds. These may include hospital, educational, rehabilitative, and community settings.
- The psychology department also employs developmental specialists and behavioral modification program specialists.
- We promote the fundamental rights, dignity, and worth of the individuals and families that we serve. DDS psychologists are guided by professional ethics, current research, and legal requirements to ensure the delivery of the best practices in clinical-behavioral services.
- The overarching goal is sharing our knowledge about contemporary principles in developmental psychology, mental health treatment, and positive behavioral supports with family caregivers, multidisciplinary teams, and private agencies.
- Our contributions help to create a holistic understanding of an individual that informs person-centered planning, fosters community inclusion, and enhances quality of life.