ARPA Advisory Transformational Committee
Goals and Responsibilities
Charge: The Advisory Transformational Committee is charged with discussing and reviewing creative options for transforming the DDS residential and day system of supports away from traditional congregate settings and toward more integrated and efficient settings that promote independence and freedom of choice.
The Committee will review options and ideas provided by the ARPA leadership group to review, discuss and provide detailed feedback that should incorporate recommendations and suggestions for revisions, improvements, changes and reasons for such changes. Pros and cons of each option provided should also be discussed in the Committee meetings.
Options for review may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the department in promoting the array of residential and day options for individuals, including the advances in assistive technology to assist individuals to become more independent in their communities.
- Input on the financial incentives for providers to promote movement out of both group homes and community residential homes to these alternative residential settings.
- Work with the Transformational consultants and the department to discuss, promote and emphasize the importance of participation of the various stakeholders for this initiative.
- Provide expertise, knowledge, and participation with the Communication Consultant in the development and execution of educational materials, stakeholder forums and other media initiatives to assist with providing information access to individuals, guardians, families, providers, and others on the various alternative residential supports that are available.
- Provide discussion and direction to the department on future options of group home and day placements.
- Provide assistance and advice to the department on individual’s choice if placement is unsuccessful and the provision of a safety net for the individual and/or other options available to the individual and the family.
Committee Chairs Responsibilities
- Follow order of business for meeting
- Call meeting to order on time
- Review of minutes
- Discuss and resolve agenda items
- New Business
- End meeting on time
- Set meetings remotely at a time that is convenient to most members
- Make sure adequate minutes are kept of each meeting and that they are distributed to each committee member. Meetings may also be recorded in lieu of meeting meetings.
- Keep discussions on track, restate issue and the goal of discussion if necessary
- Keep group focused on central question and moving toward a decision
- Seek consensus
- Close meeting noting achievements and if all subjects have been covered Committee Chairs should document summary of recommendations and next steps after each meeting and share with Committee members.
Committee Member Responsibilities
- Study agenda prior to meeting
- Stick to the agenda. Discuss new business only at appropriate times
- Keep replies short and to the point
- Sum up remarks of a lengthy discussion
- Make comments at appropriate time if you disagree with speaker
Public Meeting Requirements for all Committee Meetings
Pursuant to state law, all committee meetings are considered public. To that end the following steps must be followed for each meeting:
- Notice of the meeting date, time and link to meeting must be posted on DDS website 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Agenda for the meeting must be posted on the DDS website 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Committee Chairs should email firstname.lastname@example.org to post notice and agenda for all meetings. All meetings should be recorded.
- The public should be able to access the meeting through the posted web link. Public Comment is not required
Greg McMahon, Advisory
Tracey Walker, Advisory-Tri-Chair
Peter Mason, Advisory- Tri Chair
Kate Haaland, Advisory
Michael Beloff, Advisory
Win Evarts, Advisory
Barry Simon, Advisory
Melissa Kremmel, Advisory
Kathleen Stauffer, Advisory
Katie Banzaf, Advisory
Ric Wilkinson, Advisory
Shannon Jacovino, Advisory
Brian Smith Advisory,
Kevin Bronson, Advisory
Paige Librandi, Advisory
Steve Siegelaub, Advisory
Cheryl Ellis, Ad Hoc Committee Member