Search Department of Consumer Protection Filtered Topic Search

Health Care

  • Doctors: Health care practitioners, including doctors, dentists, nurses, opticians, opthalmologists, psychiatrists, radiologists and therapists are licensed by the Department of Public Health.

License Verification: (860) 509-7603 or 860-509-7567               

Complaints (toll-free):  800-842-0038

Phone: (860) 679-4055

  • The Office of Health Care Access oversees the state's hospital and health care industry and helps consumers with hospital billing problems.

Office of Health Care Access
410 Capitol Ave
PO Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134

Phone:(860) 418-7001

Phone: 1-877-CT-HUSKY (1-877-284-8759)

License Verification: (860) 509-7603 or 860-509-7567

Complaints (toll-free):  800-842-0038

  • Medication:The Drug Control Division of the Department of Consumer Protection regulates all persons and companies involved in distributing all legal prescription and over-the counter drugs, medical devices and cosmetics in Connecticut. Contact with questions.

Phone: 860-509-7603

  • Nursing Homes: Nursing homes in Connecticut are licensed and regulated by the Department of Public HealthThe agency has an Ombudsman who receives, investigates and resolves all complaints and problems from or on behalf of nursing home residents affecting their quality of life and care.This service is free and confidential.

Phone: 860-509-7400

  • Pharmacist: Pharmacies, pharmacists, controlled substance providers and laboratories, pharmacy technicians, and drug manufacturers and wholesalers are all licensed and regulated by the Department of Consumer Protection Drug Control Division.