Search Department of Consumer Protection Filtered Topic Search

Cable Television

Regulated by the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA).

Phone: (860) 827-1523

Toll-Free: 1-800-382-4586                        

Complaints should first be addressed to your local cable franchise.  For the name and address of the local cable representative in your area, look on your cable bill, call your town hall or visit the PURA website.     


Please contact the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) about cable television rates and other cable issues.

For complaints related to obscenity or indecency, contact:

Federal Communications Enforcement Bureau
Investigations and Hearings Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC  20554

Call toll-free:  1-888-CALL-FCC  or (1-888-225-5322)