The Auditors of Public Accounts:
The Auditors of Public Accounts provide independent, unbiased and objective opinions and recommendations on the operations of state government and the protection against waste, fraud, and abuse. As the state’s important fiscal watchdogs, the Auditors of Public Accounts serve the legislature, the public and the media to inform them of areas of concern in state government.
If you have concerns about procurement, contracting, or business practices of the OSCGR process, the email address for the Auditors of Public Accounts is firstname.lastname@example.org and the phone number is (959) 710-5600.
If a Local Education Agency (LEA) is seeking a school construction grant from the State Office of School Construction Grants & Review (OSCG&R), the LEA may be required to obtain Site Approval from DAS. If a Local Education Agency (LEA) is seeking a school construction grant from the State Office of School Construction Grants & Review (OSCG&R), a completed Form SCG-053 must be submitted for all projects. Additionally, the LEA may be required to obtain Site Approval from DAS. To receive Site Approval, Form SCG-053 file with attachments as required. Note that Site approval is required:
- Even if there is no acquisition grant involved
- For New construction projects requiring site acquisition
- For Extension projects on an existing site
- For Replacement projects on an existing site
- For projects where construction activity or site disturbance is planned on or within other areas of an existing Board of Education (BOE) property
- Exception - if the project has obtained Renovate-as-New (RNV) status, or is a minor addition involving no site acquisition
PRIOR to submitting Form SCG-053 or seeking DAS Site Approval, the LEA’s representative or municipal planning department must assess whether the project would directly or indirectly impact environmental resources. To do this, the environmental mapping websites and resources noted in the Related Resources section below should be consulted, with findings documented as attachments to Form SCG-053.