What records or documentation must be provided to allow the OSCG&R to make a determination of eligibility for a school construction project change order?
The following documents must be provided:
- A schedule of all project Allowances
- A schedule of all project Contingencies
- Invoices/Final Invoices for all contractors associated with the change order
- A schedule of project Unit Costs that are associated with the change order
- All change orders for the project provided sequentially
- A copy of FORM SCG-043CO, the State Change Order Summary Sheet
- Backup documentation from the project’s Design Professionals -including but not limited to – Requests for Information (RFI’s), Sketches (SK’s), Proposal Requests (PR’s), Architect’s Supplemental Instructions (ASI’s), drawings, rental agreements (for equipment required to be rented in conduct of the work), etc.
- All correspondence or documentation relating to back-charges between trade contractors.
What happens if the requested Changer Order documentation cannot be provided, is submitted after six (6) months of issuance, or is not signed by the contractor, CM or Architect?
Answer: The documentation requested by the OSCG&R is used in the determination of eligibility for the construction project change orders. Lack of supportive documents will cause the related costs to be considered ineligible for grant reimbursement. The District or the District’s construction professionals should contact our office as soon as there is indication of a potential problem.
What State Statute describes the five percent (5%) total change order cap?
The amount of the grant approved by the Commissioner of Administrative Services under the provisions of this chapter for any completed school building project shall be computed as follows:
(3) for the period from July 1, 2006, to June 30, 2009, inclusive, for projects with total authorized project costs greater than ten million dollars, if total construction change orders or other change directives otherwise eligible for grant assistance under this chapter exceed five per cent of the authorized total project cost, only fifty per cent of the amount of such change order or other change directives in excess of five per cent shall be eligible for grant assistance; and
(4) after July 1, 2009, for projects with total authorized project costs greater than ten million dollars, if total construction change orders or other change directives otherwise eligible for grant assistance exceed five per cent of the total authorized project cost, such change order or other change directives in excess of five per cent shall be ineligible for grant assistance.
What is the official data of acceptance for a school construction project change order submitted to the OSCG&R?
The official date of acceptance is the date that Administrative Assistant of the OSCG&R manually date-stamps the hard-copy submission of the change order back-up materials. Note that manually or electronically filing FORM SCG-042CO and/or FORM SCG-043CO is NOT a change order submission. FORM SCG-042CO is a Notice to the State that a change order has been approved by local officials for a change order to be submitted. FORM SCG-043CO is a required spreadsheet of individual trade contractor change order values and is used to expedite the review of State Change Orders.
All required back-up documentation must be provided in order to evaluate change orders for eligibility determination.