OverviewThe Office of School Construction Grants & Review (OSCG&R) performs two major functions, the administration of school construction grants and the architectural plan review procedures required for said grants. Additionally, the OSCG&R works hand-in-hand with the Auditors of Public Accounts.
OSCG&R is led by Interim Director Noel Petra.
The Auditors of Public Accounts:
The Auditors of Public Accounts provide independent, unbiased and objective opinions and recommendations on the operations of state government and the protection against waste, fraud, and abuse. As the state’s important fiscal watchdogs, the Auditors of Public Accounts serve the legislature, the public and the media to inform them of areas of concern in state government.
If you have concerns about procurement, contracting, or business practices of the OSCGR process, the email address for the Auditors of Public Accounts is email@example.com and the phone number is (959) 710-5600.
The Grant Office:
- Processes and evaluates school construction grant applications
- Prepares the annual School Construction Priority List
- Issues State grant commitments
- Monitors and tracks school construction project documentation, data and approvals
- Processes payment requests and calculates grants
The Plan Review Office:
- Determines adequacy of proposed new school facility sites
- Reviews all project documents including construction plans and specifications for bid approval requirements and grant eligibility
- Reviews project change orders
- Issues project approval to bid letters
- Develops and implements School Construction Standards and Guidelines
- Reviews school construction cost estimates