Title: Human Resources Specialist – Equal Employment Opportunity
Department of Administrative Services
1. What do you do?
I am an HR Specialist – EEO. In my role, I ensure Agency compliance regarding affirmative action and Equal Employment Opportunity. I conduct investigations, write and review Affirmative Action Plans, assist with the recruitment and hiring processes and other tasks/duties as they pertain to affirmative action/equal employment opportunity.
2. Why do you work for the State of Connecticut?
I work for the State of Connecticut because I appreciate the quality of life the State helps provide and their cultural values to build a life as well as a career.
3. What is your favorite part of your job?
The people. I truly enjoy the people I work with both on my immediate team and within the Agencies we serve.4
4. What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
Outside of work, I enjoy baking, playing board games, playing volleyball
and spending time with friends and family.
5. Where is your favorite place that you have traveled?
Yosemite Nation Park in California
6. What would you tell someone who is interested in working for the state?
Apply! The State has numerous opportunities in a variety of different industries. There is something for everyone.
7. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be, and why?
I’d be able to fly so I could visit friends and family both near and far. I’d also be able to explore different places all over the world.
8. Where is your favorite place in Connecticut?
I’m still trying to figure that out. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, so while Connecticut wasn’t far away, I haven’t explored it the way I’d like to yet. I’ll accept recommendations!
9. Who inspires you and why?
My dad – He is confident yet humble and his hard work, support, and dedication to both his career and his family is admirable.
10. Tell us your favorite fun fact.
I play volleyball year-round, indoor and outdoor.