|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2020
CONTACT: Jim Carson, 860-214-1539
INSURANCE COMMISSIONER APPLAUDS INSURERS FOR CREATING
FOUNDATION FOR COVID-19
FRONT-LINE HEALTHCARE WORKERS AND VOLUNTEERS
The economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has placed the families of front-line healthcare workers and volunteers in harm’s way of contracting the disease under the stress and strain of facing financial hardship.
Fear of financial insecurity should a loved one working with coronavirus patients get sick and succumb to the disease is an additional burden in need of relief.
CIGNA and New York Life, through their foundations created the Brave of Heart Fund for the bereaved families of COVID-19 front-line healthcare workers and volunteers.
Connecticut Insurance Department Commissioner Andrew N. Mais commended CIGNA and New York Life for their generous support of families who have lost a loved one as a result of working with COVID-19 patients.
“Grieving families need so much support. CIGNA and New York Life have truly answered the call and responded to help protect the financial security of families affected by our current crisis,” said Commissioner Mais.
More information on the Brave of Heart Fund may be found at www.braveofheartfund.com. A list of “eligible healthcare worker” or “healthcare volunteer” positions is available at https://www.braveofheartfund.com/faqs.pdf.
For the most up-to-date information from the State of Connecticut on COVID-19, including guidance and other resources, visit ct.gov/coronavirus. Regular email news updates are available from the Governor’s Office by subscribing online here.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube