Whether you are just starting out in your career in education or are a veteran educator moving to Connecticut from another state, these guides will answer some of your questions about the process and requirements for obtaining and maintaining an educator certification in Connecticut.
- Guide to Assessments
- Guide to Approved Educator Preparation Programs in Connecticut
- Obtaining Connecticut Educator Certification
- Maintaining Connecticut Educator Certification
- Connecticut Code of Professional Responsibility - For Teachers
- Connecticut Code of Professional Responsibility - For Administrators
Please note: Information from discontinued fact sheets is available in the Guide to Obtaining Educator Certification in Connecticut and the Guide to Maintaining Educator Certification in Connecticut.
- Criminal History Record Check (Fingerprinting)
- Administrative Endorsements
- Adult Education Certification
- Cross Endorsements
- Foreign Credentials for Connecticut Certification
- Special Services Endorsements - School Social Worker, Speech Pathologist, School Counselor, School Psychologist, School-Nurse Teacher, School Dental Hygienist-Teacher
- Substitute Teacher Authorization
- Vocational Education