Apply for Veteran’s Flag on CT Driver License or ID Card


To receive veteran’s flag on an existing Connecticut license or identity card, the veteran must submit the following to CDVA:

  1. Documentary proof of qualifying military service (90 or more days of active federal service, not including initial entry training) DD-214 or pre 1950 WG AGO Discharge certificate.
  2. Proof of an honorable discharge, or a discharge under honorable conditions, from military service (or discharge due to injuries received in the line of duty) for the qualifying service. All other discharges will be considered ineligible.