Medically Complex Certification
Requirements: For foster parents, back-ups and respite caregivers who are, or will be, caring for children with complex medical needs in DCF Medically Complex Classifications 2 - 4.
- "Fostering Health for Children in Foster Care"
- In-person or online
- For the online course: Click here
- "CPR" certification
- "Medication Safety for Foster Parents"
- Online training
- Click here to register
- "Strategies and Resources for Managing Health Care": Module 28
- In-person training provided by CAFAF
- Click here class information
Medically Complex Overview Training
- One day only
See training calendar below
*Prerequisites must be taken before registration for the Medically Complex Overview training
** We are unable to accommodate foster parents who come to class on the day of training without prior registration.
The family may register for the Medically Complex Overview Training after social workers have provided the training dates of prerequisites to the Medically Complex Program Nurses.
Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Thursday, October 26, 2017, 8:30 to 4:00 pm, Willimantic Office, 322 Main St., Willimantic, CT 06226