Small Business Enterprise (SBE):
- Principal place of business must be in Connecticut.
- Gross revenues cannot exceed $15,000,000 during its most recently completed fiscal year prior to applying for certification.
- Independent: The viability of the company must not depend upon another person, as determined by an analysis of the small contractor’s relationship with any other person in regards to the provision of personnel, facilities, equipment, other resources and financial support, including bonding.
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE):
- Must meet the SBE criteria stated above;
- 51% of the company capital stock (if any) or assets must be owned by a person who meets all of this criteria:
- Exercises operational authority over daily affairs of the business.
- Has the power to direct the management and policies and receive the beneficial interests of the business.
- Possesses managerial and technical competence and experience directly related to the principal business activities of the company.
- Has the power to direct the management and policies of the company.
- The eligible principle is a member of a “minority” as defined in C.G.S. 32-9n, or who is an individual with a disability.