Register to Claim Relisted Property:
- Fill out the State Surplus Program App for Non-Profits (excel).
- Email it to Veronica Coty. She will send you a confirmation email with the specific instructions needed to register at Public Surplus as a non-profit.
- Once you get the registration confirmation, use the specified link to get to the special registration page.
- Follow instructions to fill out all of the information and confirm registration.
View and Claim Relisted Property:
- Log in to Public Surplus
- Go to ‘Auctions’ and ‘Current’
- Use the drop-down menu to choose ‘Internal Auctions Only’ (signified by a yellow key next to them)
- Review these auctions and if you find something your agency can use, click on the auction title and review the auction details. Please note that you will be required to pick up from the pickup location, and pickups are required within a reasonable timeframe [generally within a week of claiming the item(s)].
- In the ‘Purchase Item’ section, click ‘Submit’ and then confirm your password to finalize the claim. If the auction is listed as a Dutch auction you will also have to put in the quantity you would like to claim.
Obtain the Property you have Claimed:
- If your claim has been accepted, you will receive a notification from Public Surplus informing you that your claim has been accepted and confirming the property you have purchased.
- You are responsible for contacting the Agency Contact listed on the claim site to make pickup arrangements.
- Pickups must be scheduled within 5 business days of a claim. If you do not show up for your pickup appointment and do not call to reschedule before that, you will forfeit your auction.
- When you pickup, bring the Bill of Sale and your ID to your assigned pickup location and the specified date and time. If you are sending someone else to pick up your auction, you must email the agency contact a letter of authorization stating the name of the individual.
- You may inspect the item before signing the Bill of Sale.
- If you decide to keep the item, please sign the Bill of Sale. Your ID will be scanned with along with the Bill of Sale for our records. If you choose not to take the item, please write a note on the Bill of Sale stating why you do not want it.
- Purchased property may not be returned. These auctions are “as is” and “where is”, and there are no warrantees or guarantees on the property.