Register to bid on items available to Municipalities:
- Fill out the State Surplus Program App for Municipalities.
- Email it to Veronica Coty. She will send you a confirmation email with the specific instructions needed to register on the auction site as a municipality.
- Once you get that confirmation, use the specified link to get to the special municipal registration page.
- Follow instructions to fill out all of the information and confirm registration.
To View and Claim State of Surplus Property:
To View Available Property:
- Log in to Public Surplus
- Go to ‘Auctions’ and ‘Current’
- Use the drop-down menu to choose ‘Internal Auctions Only’ (signified by a yellow key next to them)
- Review these auctions and if you find something your agency can use, click on the auction title and review the auction details. Important Note: You will be required to pick up the property from the pickup location, and pickups are required within a reasonable timeframe (generally within a week of claiming the item(s).
To Claim Property:
- In the ‘Purchase Item’ section, click ‘Submit’ and then confirm your password to finalize the claim. Note: If the auction is listed as a Dutch auction you will also have to put in the quantity you would like to claim.
- Municipalities are charged a nominal fee for items acquired through the State Surplus Property Program. The fee schedule is $50.00 for the first item and $15.00 for each additional item. For a Lot auction, the amount total is $50. For a Dutch auction, it will follow the $50/$15 rule.
- The DAS Business Office will bill the town accordingly. You do not need to pay the bill prior to picking up your item.
Obtain the Property:
- If your claim has been accepted, you will receive a notification from Public Surplus informing you that you of such and confirming the property you have claimed.
- You are responsible for contacting the Agency Contact listed on your auction to make pickup arrangements.
- Pickups must be scheduled within 5 business days of a claim.
- If you do not show up for your pickup appointment and do not call to reschedule before that, you will forfeit your auction.
- When you pickup, bring your Bill of Sale and ID to your assigned pickup date and time.
- If you are sending someone else to pick up your claimed property, you must email the agency contact a letter of authorization with the name of the individual.
- You may inspect the item before signing the Bill of Sale.
- If you decide to keep the item, please sign for the property, show your identification (which will be scanned with your Bill of Sale for our records).
- If you choose not to take the item, please write a note on the Bill of Sale stating why you do not want it.
- There are no returns for items. These properties are sold in “as is, where is” condition.