Use the State Surplus Program to Dispose of Municipal Vehicles:
As a municipality, you have the option of using State of Connecticut’s auction contract, Contract #12PSX0164 for your surplus municipal vehicles.
To Get Started:
- Email Kristin Wright of PropertyRoom.com stating that you are a municipality in the State of CT and would like to set up an account.
- You will then deal with PropertyRoom.com directly to sell your vehicles.
As a general guideline, here are some suggestions:
- Email Kristin Wright your vehicle information (or specific vehicle surplus form). She will enter it in the vendor data system and send you a manifest. Have the tow truck driver sign this manifest at pickup and keep a copy for your records.
- Sign your Certificate of Origin/Title as the seller. Leave the mileage and the buyer/sold to areas blank on this form.
- Make a copy of the vehicle information form for the tow company and give that copy to them when they pick up the vehicle and keys.
- Each municipality will determine how the originals are handled, whether also given to the tow truck driver, mailed to Corona’s Auto Parts, or hand-delivered.